I suggest you ...

Do you realize that you're segragating yourself?

Would you like to have your own bathrooms too? And you claim that theres a whitebird browser in the previous idea comments. If you actually took the time to look at it, you would realize that its a joke site and just links to safari.

51 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymousanonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • blackbirdadminblackbirdadmin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Segregation" is an interesting word. Segregation enforced through the legal authority of local, state or federal regulations or common law was truly a horrible chapter in the history of the United States and greatly hurt African Americans (and others) in many ways. What the original post implies is that if African Americans or other groups form spaces where they can get together then would they also like it if there was forced or legalized segregation again. Obviously, the answer is "no." All people want the freedom to congregate and otherwise share common interest. I doubt any group would like to be forced to use second class segregated facilities. Blackbird was started as a way to aggregate African American content on the internet through an easy tool, because in general African American content was somewhat difficult to find. Creating a community online is not something new and really the hallmark of the social web. The challenge as we look to reinvigorate Blackbird is to continue to evolve tools and services that help people form communities and get information. We are looking to do the same for other communities once we refine the tools and services for Blackbird. What we think may be the most disarming and jarring thing about Blackbird to some is that innovation was targeted at the African American community first. To have come out with a custom browser for sports fans or for the nation of Brazil would have not turned heads, but to do so for Black people... Everyone knows whitebird is satirical. To play along is the highest complement. Right back at ya... We welcome dialog. This thread has been retained, others have turned ugly or inappropriate and have been removed. I am sure this debate will play on. There are people still questioning whether BET or Black magazine or book series are "racist" or not. I think it will take continued education and an understanding of the fact that African Americans have a cultural identity that extends beyond our skin color.

• MrUniteUsMrUniteUs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No its called a niche, not segregation. People of any background are welcome
        to use or not us this site

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well, The Content is excellent. The label may not be in line with the aspirations of our president or Dr. King or in accord with universal order, global trends or our ultimate destination.. Nevertheless, we are in Amerikah. Ok. I agree. Sophistication is in order. But The Power is still in the Word. And life has no meaning, without definition. Perhaps Flightbird? Flighttime? Give it some consideration. Truthfully, You really do not need to explain. Just do it! Tho' some may think it funny, but it really is not a joke! Unity is the key for all 'right minded' people, regardless of skin complexion, religion, gender or national origin. Word!

• mikemikemikemike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good point, but let the ignorant be ignorant man. The people who want to segregate themselves are best left to crawl into a corner and die by themselves :) To create a browser intended on uniting black people is the funniest thing since the Berlin Wall :) Have fun guys :)

Feedback and Knowledge Base